search

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Anti-aging Food Pyramid

 

This is the world's most advance Food Pyramid specifically designed for anti-aging. In addition to optimum nutrition for cellular fortification, it curtails sugar imbalance, control oxidative stress, aids in detoxification, and prolong lifespan. It is the best anti-aging diet available, and it has been proven clinically to work.  My thanks to Dorine Tan, RD, MPH, ABAAHP , clinical dietitian for her collaboration in this work.

How do I decide what to take?

   Use a 3-step approach in deciding what, and how much to take.

  1. Blood Type Diet: I use the blood type diet as a guide on the general categories of food to take and to avoid. I find that the blood type diet works well most of the time and you don’t have to be very straight.
    For example, type O do well with more proteins, type A do well with more vegetables, type B are balanced omnivore, while type AB should have a mix diet in moderation.

  2. Food Choice Table: Next, I pick specific food out of my Food Choice Table. I am very strict with this. In vegetables, I try to avoid most tubers such as potato because of its high glycemic index. I avoid banana and watermelon because they are both high in sugar. I don’t take fruit juices or peanuts, but I do take butter, lots of eggs, and legumes. My food choice table is applicable to all blood types.
    For example, blood type O should take in more protein. I will choose legumes, nuts, deep water fish, organic eggs, and lamb. I would avoid peanuts, coastal fish, read meats, dairy and shellfish. The reasons are detailed in the food choice table.

  3. Anti-aging Food Pyramid: As far as the ratio of each food relative to another food, their volume and frequency, I follow the Anti-aging Food Pyramid.

No comments:

Post a Comment